Here at BACT we are supporting Cancer Research UK’s ‘Walk All Over Cancer’ challenge to help raise vital funds to support life saving research. The challenge is to complete 10,000 steps per day throughout the month of March 2021. Don’t worry if you are not a walker or 10,000 step per day is a little too much, what is important is that you are getting active, below we have provided a conversion table so you can give yourself a step-count for other activities.
HOW TO GET INVOVLED
GET ACTIVE | SHARE | DONATE!
- Complete daily activity aiming at 10,000 steps or equivalent.
- If you need support join in with one of our programs:
- Wellbeing Walks – Currently our wellbeing coaches will provide support to get you walking and when safe to do so we will be leading community wellbeing walks in the local area.
- Fit Fans – Led by on of our personal trainers these high intensity training sessions are delivered virtually on Zoom, you can join us on Mondays and Thursdays, 17:45 – 18:30.
- Fifties Fitness – Led by our wellbeing coaches these sessions provide a relaxed environment for fun sessions focused on developing your balance, co-ordination, and strength. These sessions are currently delivered virtually on Thursdays, 10:30 – 11:15. (Add H&W 1 and H&W2 flyers to page)
- Stretch and Tone – Led by one of our wellbeing coaches these are relaxed friendly sessions focused on controlled movement and chair-based exercises. These sessions are currently delivered virtually on Tuesdays, 10:30 – 11:15. (Add H&W 1 and H&W2 flyers to page)
- Active Recovery – A cancer exercise and rehabilitation programme designed for anyone who has been recovering from or living with cancer within the last five years, where we develop a program to suit what works for you.
Step 1: Record your steps using a step-tracking app, your phone, a pedometer, or the conversion table below.
Step 2: Share your activity and step count online (we would love to see some photos) on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram and mention us using the tags below and #WalkAllOverCancer #BACT, or share your steps with a member of BACT staff.
Step 3: Share with friends and family and donate if you can.
Donate to Cancer Research UK through our dedicated JustGiving page: Burton Albion Community Trust is fundraising for Cancer Research UK (justgiving.com)
If you would like to support BACT you can donate through text:
Text BACT to 70201 (to donate £1); 70331 (to donate £3); 70970 (to donate £5); and 70191 (to donate £10)
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT 😊